The new Garmin Vivoactive 4 and 4s are here, and these are the watches to get for everyday folk who value a great battery life and an always on display.
We got to spend some time with the Vivoactive 4 series at IFA 2019 and Berlin, and while the body remains plastic, the bezel is now made of stainless steel and the watch feels a bit more premium. As usual with Garmin, it comes with an interchangeable, industry standard quick release 18mm band.
- Two sizes: 45mm for Vivoactive 4 and 40mm for 4s
- Music now comes included
- Secondary side button (to go back, also marks lap, opens menu)
- Hydration and Sweat loss tracking
- Respiration Rate, Breathwork Exercises
- Animated guided workouts for Strength, Cardio, Yoga, Pilates
- 24/7 PulseOx blood oxygen tracking
- 7-day battery life, 5 hours with GPS and Music
Price and Release Date
The Garmin Vivoactive 4 series are a logical update and with the new features also comes a bump in the price:
- Garmin Vivoactive 4/4S: $350
- Garmin Vivoactive 3/3 Music: ~$250
- Garmin Venu: $400
Considering that you can get the earlier model for just around $250, some people might have second thoughts about spending a full $350 on the Vivoactive 4. The nice thing this year is that you do get two different sizes, something that is hugely appreciated.