Anthem launched on EA Access for Xbox One and Origin Access for PC today. As with any online game at launch, it has some surprisingly strange bugs that BioWare is working on. Anthem is an upcoming shared-world third-person shooter from BioWare. BioWare is the studio behind famous franchises like Dragon Age and Mass Effect. Anthem is expected to launch on February 22 and runs at native 4K resolution on Xbox One X. Just like Destiny, the developer wants to support the game for the next ten years. If you’re on PC and an Origin Access Premier subscriber, you can play the full game today. Unfortunately, other platforms will have to wait another week.
Here is a list of all the issues we have seen in Anthem.
Can’t resume on Xbox One
- According to BioWare’s Michael Gamble, “there’s a known bug where if you suspend your game on Xbox One and come back later on and resume it, it won’t reconnect. When you’re done, kill the title and relaunch when you play next. Otherwise it sits on the reconnecting screen forever.”
- An EA community manager by the name of Alexander shared some other bugs on the publisher’s forums. He said, “If you’re out in the world and your Javelin gets stuck in some foliage, rocks, or other terrain, open your Map and choose the Respawn option to free yourself.”
Claiming your Legion of Dawn rewards
- In-game rewards can’t be claimed until February 22 so they don’t work at the moment.
- You need to do a Mission for Prospero to unlock Crafting and access to his store. It doesn’t work before that.
Game crashes when you open the Forge
- Try completing Prospero’s mission in Freeplay first, then talk to him again in Fort Tarsis before you go to the Forge. This should fix the problem.
Can’t see Shards in-game on PC
- You’ll have to delete the local Origin folders on PC in order for the game to download new files with the correct information.
Delay with Alliance Coin rewards
- These are not delivered instantly when the timer resets, there are a few hours of processing time before you can use them.
Slow first load into Fort Tarsis
- If the game doesn’t load into Fort Tarsis in the first 5 minutes, try restarting it. If that doesn’t work, try repairing the file on PC through the launcher.
Origin Access Premier error
- If you can’t play Anthem if you just upgraded to Origin Access Premier, click on the Anthem tile in My Game Library and choose Upgrade Game. This should let you play the complete game early.
Slow load times on consoles
- The original Xbox One and PlayStation 4 may have increased load times. You’ll just have to wait for it to load. There doesn’t appear to be a fix for the matter, but you could try an external solid state drive.
As we discover more issues, we will be sure to keep you updated. If you’re experiencing any issues too, let us know in the comments.
Become Iron Man
This is like third-person Destiny
Anthem is an upcoming shared world third-person shooter from BioWare. BioWare is the studio behind famous franchises like Dragon Age and Mass Effect.
This post may contain affiliate links. See our disclosure policy for more details.